As we all know, skin lightening creams available in the market contain a ton of artificial chemicals. Although they are made using approved formulations, they still contain many preservatives and unwanted chemicals. So, in this article, we will see some homemade recipes to make your own skin lightening cream. So let’s start:
1. Turmeric Yogurt Lightening Cream: This is a pretty basic homemade skin lightening cream. All you have to do is add a pinch of turmeric powder to a tablespoon of honey, two tablespoons of lemon juice and 3-4 pieces of almonds to almost 2 cups of yogurt. Then blend everything together in an electric mixer. The resulting creamy paste is ready to apply and is known to produce positive results. A word of warning – you should store it in an airtight jar and keep it out of direct sunlight, preferably in a fridge. To be used preferably for one week of production.
2. Turmeric Flour Whitening Cream: This pack also contains turmeric powder as one of the main active ingredients. So that you can prepare this cream at home, you just need to take two tablespoons of plain flour and add a pinch of turmeric powder to it. Then, when we started to stir the ingredients to make a good mixture, we added a few drops of lemon juice. Then we must continue to stir the mixture while we move on to the last stage of the preparation, which is to add a milk cream. However, care must be taken to keep stirring the mixture while adding something like a tablespoon of heavy cream to it. We will continue to add the cream, constantly stirring the mixture until we reach the desired creamy density. It is advisable to apply this cream before hitting the bag every night.
3. Gram Flour – Shea Butter Skin Lightening Cream: This is a great little recipe that anyone can try at home. So we will have to start by adding about 3 tablespoons of shea butter to 2 tablespoons of chickpea flour and then mix the mixture well. To this well-stirred mixture, add a pinch of ground cinnamon and cocoa powder. Keep stirring the mixture and add even more vitamin E oil (which can be extracted quite easily from vitamin E capsules). Then, to top it off, we’ll add a few drops of lavender oil, not only to make it more effective, but also for the soothing scent of lavender oil. This homemade blend is powerful enough to reduce tanning and can be applied to the face, hands, face, legs and feet. For best results, it is advisable to use the cream every night.
4. Coconut Oil – Cocoa Butter Skin Lightening Cream: This is by far one of the easiest homemade recipes. In this case, all you need to do is simply add virgin coconut water to cocoa butter to create your homemade whitening cream in Pakistan of choice. That is true! The recipe is both the names of the only two ingredients that make up the cream – pure simplicity. This simple but very powerful homemade cream is quite effective in smoothing the skin thanks to the coconut oil and also improving the overall skin tone. And since this homemade cream is basically a night cream, it goes without saying that for best results, it is advisable to apply it at night and witness visible results within less than a week of application.
5. Sandalwood and Green Tea Skin Lightening Cream: For you to prepare this very effective and very popular skin lightening homemade recipe, you just need to add 2 tablespoons of sandalwood powder pure with a few drops of green tea. You can also add a few drops of cucumber juice and tomato juice to this mixture. Sandalwood powder is an effective agent for treating skin darkening, blemishes, and uneven skin tone. It also nourishes the skin and produces an overall healthy appearance. Green tea extract is a rich source of antioxidants and fights free radicals and helps reduce dark spots and blemishes. Gently massage your face with this cream and let it dry naturally on your skin. This mixture is very effective in reducing dullness of the skin. Remember to use a simple washcloth soaked in cold water to remove this cream from your face.
6. Lemon Yogurt Lightening Cream: Lemon is one of the best ingredients that helps to remove dark spots and tan. In this homemade recipe, we will use freshly squeezed lemon juice to prepare the cream. To do this, add 2 teaspoons of lemon juice to about 300 grams of plain yogurt in a bowl. Yogurt helps brighten and lighten the skin. Add a little rose water to this mixture to add a dose of freshness to your cream. Rose water also helps soothe the skin, so it’s really beneficial if you have skin that shows signs of redness. Now mix all the ingredients well and transfer the mixture to a clean jar and refrigerate it to cool. You can use this cream for about 2 weeks after preparation. Use this cream at night or before going to bed as it contains lactic acid. This remedy really works and helps clear up the skin with regular use.
7. Almond – Rosehip Oil & Saffron Cream Lightener: This homemade blend is made from ground almond powder. You need to take a cup of almonds and then grind them well in a grinder to prepare a finely ground almond powder. Almonds are a rich source of antioxidants that reduce tanning and increase skin radiance. Rosehip oil also helps brighten the skin and remove hyperpigmentation. To make this mask, take a tablespoon of rosehip oil and soak 4-5 strands of turmeric in it for 10-15 minutes. Add the ground almonds to this and mix everything well. Rosehip oil helps achieve an even skin tone, while saffron works brilliantly for hyperpigmentation. Now store this mixture in an airtight container and use it daily before going to bed on thoroughly cleansed skin.
8. Cocoa Butter and Licorice Skin Lightening Cream: This homemade skin whitening cream has cocoa butter and licorice root as its main ingredients. Cocoa butter helps make the skin soft, supple and smooth. It also tackles uneven skin tone and adds radiance to the skin. Licorice root extract is a very important ingredient in skin lightening creams. It works by inhibiting the production of melanin in the skin, making it visibly clear and luminous. To make this packet, take 2-3 tablespoons of cocoa butter and melt it using a double boiler method. Add a few drops of licorice extract and mix well. Transfer the mixture to a clean bottle and use it daily on your freshly cleansed face. You can also add a few drops of lemon juice to this mixture for better results.